You are here
National IT Manager
Strong people manager required to manage IT department
Global market leader within manufacturing/automotive industry
About Our Client
Our client is a global business with a presence in over 80 countries. a Key player in the market with a focus on manufacturing in the automotive field. Office located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The position of National IT Manager reports into the Finance Director and is earmarked as an EE/AA vacancy and is open South African citizens who meet these criteria. You will be responsible for the following:
- Setting objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Collaborate with and maintain communications with executives and department heads in the organization.
- Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these through the projects and daily business operations.
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Designing and customizing technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience
- Direct operational IT planning, including planning IT projects and the allocation of resources when required.
- Oversee the financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting & budget review.
- Coordinate IT staffing, including hiring, supervision, scheduling, professional development and discipline.
- Negotiate and approve technology vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and, license agreements, policy and procedures.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Adhere and meet annual IT audits for both internal and external as per prescribed requirements.
- Planning the stages of the project and how each affects the business
- Making sure there is a smooth change over from the old system to the new one
The Successful Applicant
The National IT Manager will be a South African citizen and come from a industrial / manufacturing / consulting or similar field. The position is earmarked for EE/AA candidates and preference will be given as such.. The National IT Manager will also have the following knowledge and qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- ITIL knowledge Good leadership skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Confidence in decision-making
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- Project management skills an advantage
What's on Offer
The package will depend on the skills and experience of the candidate, however, the maximum CTC package on offer is R1,000,000 per annum