You are here
Global construction market leader, with over 300 year's of operating experience.
Based in more than 60 countries with more than 170,000 employees.
About Our Client
A global innovative and dynamic market leader; within the manufacturing and construction industry has operations in over 60 countries worldwide with over 170,000 dedicated employees.
- Develop plans to improve the site's manufacturing & technical performance and ensure sustainable competitive edge.
- Continually monitor and review manufacturing performance against agreed objectives and to take necessary actions where appropriate.
- Deliver plant output as per sales demand/budget plan.
- With support of the Human Resources Department, oversee all the HR issues relating to recruitment, development and training of all site employees as well as appropriate succession planning.
- Develop and maintain clear and strong links with the Union representative(s) on site to ensure the site's production and output quotas are met.
- Liaise with the General Manager and the company's Business Development and Sales Departments to ensure that delivery schedules, quality and market needs are achieved and balanced to enable Business to retain and enhance its market presence and share in the market.
- Chair quarterly Strategy meeting to review progress and develop deployment strategy for the next 100 days based on the updated management information.
- Maintain, develop and deliver the appropriate safety, quality and environmental improvement culture to sustain and enhance first-class performance levels, TF1 & TF2 rates strive to Zero.
- Oversee Divisional operations to include evaluation and improvement of operating and financial performance
- Lead ensuring rigorous Corporate Governance in accordance with Group standard.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Production/ Technical
- Relevant Artisan Qualification
- ISO18000 or other safety qualification would be advantageous
- 5 years experience within a large plant, in a unionised environment
- 24 / 7 running plants
- 3 years experience within production environment
- 3 years management/ supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment
- Proactive Management Activities (TPM, TQC, WCM)
- Annual Planning based on improvement
- Financial understanding (how to improve P&L)
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate in Hindi would be an advantage
- Ability to speak Swahili would be an advantage
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with added benefits would be on offer.