You are here
Refinery Technology Experience Essential
Supply Chain Economics, Planning and Scheduling also essential.
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational organisation that has over 100 year's of experience working within the oil and gas industry. Their main business activities include Retail and Commercial Fuels, Oils, Lubricants and Manufacturing with a global footprint that expands in over 70 countries.
Key reponsibilities for the Refinery Economist will include :
- Supporting the Senior Economist on the development of the refinery monthly planning, coordinating handshake process with Trading and Supply and handover plan to be operationalised by refinery scheduling team.
- Support the Manufacturing team during the annual Business Plan process.
- Monitor closely the implementation of the refinery plan to ensure delivery of the planned GRM whilst ensuring E2E optimization across the supply chain.
- Be an active member of the Planning Meetings supporting the Senior Refinery Economist in driving the effectiveness of the meeting and achieve alignment on the best optimized plan for the refinery.
- Manage products price exposure taking appropriate actions to maintain exposure levels within agreed targets for the region and country.
- Review and challenge weekly the components and product projections delivered by the Refinery to ensure deviations to plan are identified early and in-month optimization opportunities are captured, liaising with Trading and Supply and Refinery Scheduling teams.
- Deliver the Monthly Margin Variance Analysis identifying opportunities to mitigate or eliminate areas of margin leakage and produce the monthly LE for Finance team.
- Be the Manufacturing representative in the monthly appraisal meetings with Trading and Supply to review Product Variance Analysis (PvA) and Risk & Reward elements.
- Support the tracking and implementation of the Business Plan commitments including margin delivery initiatives.
Key areas of focus:
- It is critical to build constructive relationships and manage key interfaces between Trading and Supply; Refinery Scheduling and counterparts of other Oil Companies.
- Given the number of stakeholders, it is imperative that the successful candidate is able to transcend local barriers and be an advocate for enterprise first mindset and behaviours.
- Requires both technical know-how of the refinery diets, capabilities and sound commercial understanding of crudes flows, market & economics to make informed and balanced choices.
- Requires understanding and adherence to structured interface protocols between the refinery and shareholders governed by various agreements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the tools and processes.
The Successful Applicant
To be successfully selected for the Refinery Economist position you should possess the following:
- A solid background in Refinery Technology; Supply Chain Economics, Planning and Scheduling or proven ability to analyse complex economic and supply chain problems, coupled with a proven record in results delivery, strong interpersonal skills.
- Candidate requires a Chemical Engineering or relevant Degree. Experience in Refinery Technology/Supply Chain Economics and Scheduling preferred.
- An ability to work in teams and with others is essential.
- Supply/trading or other commercial experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of operation within a JV environment will be considered as a differentiator.
- Supply Chain Scheduling - Knowledge
- Supply Chain Integration & Optimisation - Knowledge
- Trading Risk Management - Knowledge
- Refinery and Supply Economics & Analysis - Mastery
- Refinery LP Planning - Mastery
What's on Offer
Market Related based on experience.