You are here
Regional CFO Africa
Multinational organisation and global market leader
Regional responsibility for Africa
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational organisation and globally the largest, specialised service provider in his field. Over the past 15 years they have grown from 2,000 to 11,000 employees and increased their revenue from USD200mil to USD1.2bn.
In Africa they employ 1,000 staff and have entities in 40 countries.
- Strategy - Leadership of all strategic, tactical and operational aspects of accounting and finance for the region - from budgeting and planning through to monthly monitoring and reporting, and active participation in monthly business reviews along with Regional Exco.
- Business Partnering - Provide strong commercial and risk-based advice to the Regional ExCo on customer, business development, market development, liquidity or other matters which will impact the success of the region.
- People - Provide strong leadership, support and development to all finance, accounting and IT personnel across the region. A key responsibility is building and retaining motivated, competent team members.
- Operations - Ensure local financial systems and processes are in place, and effective in supporting regional business requirements. This will include ensuring that regional financial information and reports are accurate and timely in helping regional and country general managers address key business issue.
- Governance - Ensure each local African entity operates within local regulatory guideline as well as International SOS group financial and accounting guidelines. The role includes leadership of projects designed to improve financial governance processes, standards and results for the region.
- Group Liaison - A key role is providing business intelligence data, budget, forecast and operational performance estimations or actuals back to Group Finance.
- Specialist financial services - Ensure specialist financial support is fit-for-purpose and maximises key financial metrics - covering Tax, Liquidity, Bank relationship management, audit processes (Group policies, Code of Ethics, Accounting Policies and Procedures etc)
- Customer focus - Ensure that each local accounting team is providing high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Sustainability and Improvement - Work closely with the Group Chief Financial Officer to ensure that region needs are adequately supported and in implementing functional improvement.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant (15+ years) public and/or private accounting experience
- The incumbent must have worked for very big, very complex organisations
- In-depth experience of operating in multiple African Countries
- Well developed interpersonal skills and matrix organisation experience
- At minimum has worked as part of a very large, highly complex Regional organisation across multiple African / Middle East Countries (approx. USD$400m+ turnover).
- Preferably we seek a person who has been in a finance leadership role in a sizeable (approx USD$750m+ turnover) international group
- Has previously been part of a global or regional leadership team
- Has a personal track record of success in building teams and change-management of functional improvement projects (systems implementation)
- Has worked in complex, matrix-based organisations with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity with complex African operating parameters - tax, cash extraction, governance, risk management
- Preferred industries - Service, Medical, Energy, Mining, Exploration, Logistics
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to participate in and contribute to an exciting growth opportunity in a very entrepreneurial and solution driven environment