You are here
Regional Services & Operations Manager
Global Services & Products Group
Comanding Africa footprint
About Our Client
Our Client is a multinational corporation and is one of the leading suppliers to the Mining, Oil & Gas & Construction markets. They offer a variety of speciality services & products to a large array of clients spread throughout the world. This business has been in operation for over 100 years and employs over 10,000 people globally.
This industry leader adheres to the highest industry safety standards and procedures when executing a service on behalf of a client and is their unique offerings are being expanded aggressively throughout Africa.
SH & E - No injuries
- Lead in the setting of high SH&E standards to deliver the Group's Vision of Zero Harm.
- Ensure all operations comply with statutory and Group SH&E policies and procedures.
- Champion the Checkpoint Audits System for the Southern Africa Region.
- Participate in developing a program & process for the roll out of the Regional SH &E plan. Lead the implementation and management of the SH&E plan and LOA's.
- Implement the process for monitoring, review & continuous improvement of SH&E performance in the Southern Africa Region.
- Conduct audits, including Checkpoints, incident reviews and specialist Significant Risk Audits.
- Level 2 signing authority for AA authorizations.
- Establish environmental baselines and achieve targets set.
Commercial Ownership - run the business
- Optimise the operational efficiency of the Southern Africa Region Business ie. Fixed and mobile plant and equipment utilisation & people resources.
- Support the Build and maintenance of a dynamic, motivated workforce at optimum resource's to deliver the business
- Manage medium & long term MMU sustenance plan + capital plan for sustenance, growth & SH&E
- Fixed cost Budget control and UAM (unplanned abnormal maintenance) management.
- Identify, manage and implement the use of idle assets into new business
- Lead and support maintenance and improvement projects for Southern Africa Region Business.
- Optimise supply chain costs to Southern Africa Region.
- Optimise stock levels - reduce write ups and downs.
- Ensure all Quality policies and procedures are managed, implemented and adhered to in Southern Africa Region.
- Assist EBA/AWA negotiations.
- Drive the supply of trained and skilled staff for new and expanding business through resource planning and involvement in the establishment of recruitment processes that meet business requirements.
- Participate in succession plans for all direct reports and drive succession planning throughout the operations team.
- Conduct performance development plans for all direct reports and drive performance development plans throughout the operations team.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained, developed, managed and supported to meet their position responsibilities and performance objectives.
Working Together - Team Management
- Lead the Southern Africa Operations management team ensuring co-ordination and co-operation between all functions
- Ensure the business has the highest achievable quality and productivity in resourcing by ensuring planning & initiatives are linked to the achievement of business objectives and consistent with strategies for the Southern Africa Region.
- Provide strategic influencing to Southern Africa Region as a key member of the Regional Management Team.
The Successful Applicant
- The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with extensive operational management experience. He/She will have come from a hands-on background and would have travelled to remote locations to ensure successful delivery of targets & services.
- The successful candidate will be able to manage on-site operational tasks as well as plan, lead & develop processes for the site to ensure SH&E standards are strictly adhered to.
- He/She will have a strong analytical background with BU management experience.
- He/She will have excellent communication skills and experience within Health & Safety Management. Ideally the successful candidate will come from the Mining industry however, adequate Construction and/or quarry experience would be considered. Blasting certificates/licensing would be highly beneficial.
- Lastly, the successful candidate must be willing & able to travel to remote sites within the Southern Africa region and can spend up to 3 months on site.
What's on Offer
Competitive related on offer plus associated benefits;
Opportunity to join a multinational organisation with opportunities for career advancement, development, growth & travel.