You are here
- Senior IT Manager position in the retail space
- IT Release Manager - Retail Industry
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest retail companies in the country based in Johannesburg.
My client is looking for an IT Release Manager who will be responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes the scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. Reporting directly to the General Manager: Service Operations, the Release Manager will also be responsible for implementing and managing release processes through development, testing, and production environments. While leading the effort of defining the strategic IT direction for release management, the incumbent will also have the following responsibilities:
- Communicate within IT and business users of IT, ensuring all interested parties understand the requirements and restrictions needed to maintain the integrity of the production environment.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Develop and maintain the release schedule, working with the company's technology vendors to manage and maintain the release plan.
- Ensure new product and services entering the operating environment satisfy operational standards, including proper infrastructure and application testing.
- Ensure that company's technology vendors are able to manage a full range of scheduled and emergency software and hardware upgrades, including:
- packaged releases (containing a combination of many changes),
- delta releases (containing only parts of software), and
- full releases (deployment of the entire software program)
- Ensure the stability and control of the production and pre-production shared environments.
Client / Vendor Management:
- Display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Possess strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Possess strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong stakeholder management experience including experience dealing with and presenting to senior management.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years experience working on enterprise change release management initiatives.
- Track record of managing a similar sized environment and achieving high levels of performance and customer satisfaction.
Professional Qualification Requirements:
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience in IT
Technical Qualification Requirements:
ITIL Foundation, TOGAF, ITIL Practitioner - Release and Control is preferred
What's on Offer
R700,000 CTC per annum to R900,000 CTC per annum