You are here
Sales Manager, East Africa / Based in Kenya
- Our client is a leading global FMCG company
- High growth start-up environment
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading FMCG company willing to expand their market share in East Africa.
In East Africa, high growth start-up environment.
Report to the GM of East Africa
Direct reports: 4 - 1 Modern Trade Manager, 2 Key Account Managers and 1 Export Manager
Key role. Responsibilities close to a Sales Director.
In charge of Modern Trade and General Trade
- Ensure that sales and profit target are met
- Develop commercial KPIs for Modern and General Trade
- Coach and develop team members
- Develop strategic plans
- Negotiate annual plan with distributors (targets/KPIs) and follow up
The Successful Applicant
- At least 2-3 years' experience in key account management (strong negotiation skills and able to coach Key Account Managers)
- Strategic mind-set and good understanding of the FMCG sector, preference for the beverage sector (able to develop and implement strong route-to-market/sales/marketing strategies)
- Good people management skills (able to coach and develop team)
- Good financial skills (able to understand a P&L, profit against revenue, etc)
- Experience in Rwanda and Tanzania would be an advantage
What's on Offer