You are here
Senior Business Architect
JSE-listed organization in financial services and insurance
Senior Manager for Business Solutions
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed financial services provider of insurance, investments, asset management, private banking, capital markets, investment banking, wealth and investment management services to individuals as well as corporates.
Based in Johannesburg and reporting to the Business Executive for Solution Design, the Senior Manager for Business Solution Architecture will lead the design, development and implementation of an integrated business model that delivers products and services to meet the changing needs of the customer across the value chain. Leading a team of 3 Direct reports, the Senior Business Architect will also have the following key responsibilities:
- Work with executives and senior management to influence and / or bridge the gap between strategy development and programme delivery while understanding the relationship between complex business components.
- Own the delivery of operational risk assessments, identification of transformation opportunities, design and implementation of target operating models that improve operational efficiency and effectiveness through process reengineering, product rationalisation / design, technology and continuous improvement.
- Leverage deep understanding of business processes and product constructs to enhance or design new products and services using existing or identified systems that will meet the changing needs of the customer across the value chain.
- Identify critical business issues, areas of improvement and establish transformation plans to drive operational efficiencies across the value chain to improve the product offering,customer experience and manage or mitigate future governance, risk and compliance (GRC) requirements.
- Apply architectural principles to business solutions to integrate, adapt and link disconnected processes and systems to high-priority business issues.
- Create business models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture.
- Focus on the technical and business feasibility of a solution and ensures that the solution fits well within the guidelines set by enterprise architecture.
- Drive change methodology and ensure implementation across all projects
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Commerce.
- Certification in Six Sigma Black Belt, business analysis and / or project management is advantageous.
- 8 - 10 years' experience working in the general insurance and / or financial industry.
- 5 - 8 years' experience in leading large transformational change programmes that create a differentiated product offering and / or customer experience by simplifying and standardising the way the organisation operates.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in process mapping, design and / or re-engineering.
What's on Offer
R1,000,000 CTC per annum to R1,200,000 CTC per annum