You are here
Senior Commercial Lawyer
- Multinational Telecoms Company
- TCTC: R1.1m - R1.5m
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest global telecoms companies with their head office based in Johannesburg.
The Senior Commercial Lawyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing commercial, contractual and legal advice and direction to negotiate and deliver profitable and commercially effective contracts with the company's customers, partners, distributors, and key suppliers.
- Working with internal and external resources to ensure that the company's businesses meet all of their compliance obligations in SSA, including corporate governance, contractual, legislative and otherwise.
- Developing commercial strategies with the management of business units/sectors, providing support to the product lines, and monitoring risks.
- Ensuring that the company business is conducted in accordance with its trading policy.
- Providing an independent view on the company's trading activities, to help to ensure that the company's goals are achieved.
- With the assistance of external advisors and the AMEA Regulatory team, to provide advice to the local business in respect of standard business telco regulatory issues, including trading capabilities, product availability and compliance matters.
- Managing external lawyers supplying services in SSA.
- Ensuring identification, mitigation and management of commercial, contractual and legal risk for the SSA Business, bids, contract negotiations, contracts, product and proposition management. Facilitating good business decision-making by effective risk assessment( assessing probability and consequences and planning mitigation).
- Providing support to the company's global business by providing local advice in respect of global deals, strategy and product and proposition roll-outs.
- To provide leadership in the development of best practice for commercial transactions, including negotiation strategy, risk management, precedents, templates, training material and know-how.
- Anticipating legal developments relevant to the business, and providing advice on their impact.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Commercial Lawyer must have an LLB degree from a recognised SA university. The candidate must also have a minimum of 8 years relevant commercial experience in general commercial law (telecoms is beneficial). Experience within SSA is preferred.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer will be based on the candidates relevant years of experience and current salary. The range we are searching within is R1.1m - R1.5 TCTC.