You are here
Senior Cost Engineer
Leading Multinational Industrial Mining Company
Estimating experience in a QS environment necessary.
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational player withing Mining and blasting operations. With offices all around this world, the business boasts a significant offering of Services, Machinery and Solutions within the Mining industry.
The Senior Cost Engineer role is a support function for Projects within the organisation.
The role is based Regionally in Cape Town, but will require sporadic travel into Africa.
There are two parts to the position: Estimation and Project Support
- From the time that the organisation bids for work this incumbent will be involved.
- From estimating on the current project scope, i.e. assisting in the pre-feasibility phase.
- This person would ideally come from a projects back ground, therefore, being a QS will help with the estimation aspect.
- The business commonly works on multi-disciplinary Projects including Civil and Earth works construction
- This role provides assistance with project estimation, e.g. sourcing up to date pricing and preparing detailed cost estimates. This is especially important given the wide geographic reach of the region and the importance of providing cost effective & - competitive capital estimates.
- The incumbent will support all projects all across Africa.
- When you estimate - he/she will be required to find this information across projects within Africa.
- Further they will be responsible for cost tracking of the project throughout the length of the project as well as tracks strategic spare part procurement process to ensure compliance & and red flags any delays in the process
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of Senior Cost Engineer the incumbent should possess the following skills and qualification:
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor
- 5+ years relevant experience in Engineering / Maintenance / Mining or Manufacturing type environment.
- Expertise in electronic distribution / access systems (eg: SAP, Lotus Notes databases)
- Knowledge of Fleet Management principles
What's on Offer
Competitive Package based in skills and expertise.