You are here
Senior IT Auditor
Senior IT Auditor - Telecommunications
My client is one of the largest telecommunications companies on the Continent.
About Our Client
My client is a multinational global Telecommunications corporation that provides mobile, landline, internet, and IPTV services to its more than 263 million customers. The firm has invested heavily in new and existing product lines including Fixed-Line telephony, Mobile Telephony, Broadband Internet, Fibre-optic communication, and IT Services. As the firm continues to grow globally and especially in Sub-Saharan Africa, the need for a Senior IT Auditor to support and conduct investigations into potential risks and the mitigation of those risks has arisen.
My client is looking for a Senior IT Auditor to be based at their offices in Johannesburg to perform data analysis using Computer Assisted Audit Techniques, ACL, and other complementary tools. Reporting to the Senior Audit Executive for EMEA, the incumbent will also have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct and execute investigations into possible violations of the Code of Conduct, company policy and relevant laws.
- Plan, execute, and report on the approved audit plans for specialist audits as per the methodology and charter.
- Conduct research and provide input on the related audit and audit procedures.
- Complete and validate the process description/ flowcharts.
- Identify Accounting, IT and internal control weaknesses, and determine the quantum of potential and actual loss while seeking ways to minimize and mitigate risks.
- Identify the risks and the related key controls.
- Plan, execute and report efficiently & timeously on IT and Project management risk based audits
- Compile an audit programme in executing the key controls identified
- Establish good relationships with stakeholders and to provide assurance on the adequacy of risk management,internal controls and corporate governance.
- Maintain strict confidentiality, independence and standards of professionalism in the conduct and management of investigations.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 5 years IT Auditor with experience in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime with a university degree or diploma in accounting/Finance or IT
- 3+ years CAATS experience
- 3+ years Project environment auditing
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to provide Civil/Criminal testimony regarding work/product, familiarity with electronic data systems and data collection.
- Must be able to self-manage the case load and pick up more senior stakeholder engagements.
- Knowledge of current legal, statutory and regulatory issues.
- Forensic Investigation skills & data analysis (Computer Assisted Audit Techniques) using forensic data analytic tools (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (incl. report writing)
What's on Offer
R650,000 CTC per annum to R800,000 CTC per annum