You are here
Senior Legal Manager
Senior Legal Manager - Financial Services
Management level role with strong corporate/commercial legal knowledge
About Our Client
Our client is a top South Africa bank.
The Legal Manager for Corporate Investment Banking would need to:
- Provide accurate management and assessment of legal risk.
- Review and prepare global, regional and local custody agreements as well as service level agreements.
- Review investment administration documentation for corporate investment banking south Africa.
- Negotiate the terms of the above documents.
- Draft Correspondent Banking Agreements, Electronic Banking Agreements, SWIFT agreements and all other agreements required in the conduct of the Cash business.
- Draft Custody Agreements, SLA's, Investment Administration Agreements and GIMSLA's.
- Draft Facility Letters, Cash Liquidity Management Agreements and security documents.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate would meet the minimum requirements as specified below:
-- LLB degree;
-- Admitted attorney with at least 7 years of post-admission experience in corporate/commercial law;
-- At least 3 years of experience in a senior/management level role;
-- Commercial drafting skills and banking knowledge background;
-- Sound technical understanding of South African banking, financial markets, commercial law, company and contracts law;
-- Experience in respect of the Financial Markets Act and the JSE Rules an advantage;
-- Experience in IT law and transactional banking products a distinct advantage.
What's on Offer
The package on offer is negotiable and will be discussed with successful applicants.