You are here
Senior Management Accountant, Mining & Metals
Senior Management Accountant, International Mining House
Carletonville based, D Upper level, 1 Direct report
About Our Client
Our client is a global gold producer with 21 operations on four continents. The company is listed on the New York, Johannesburg, Accra, London and Australian stock exchanges, as well as the Paris and Brussels bourses.
Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, our client has a globally diverse, world-class portfolio of operations and projects. They are the third-largest gold mining company in the world, measured by production. They have 17 gold mines in 9 countries, as well as several exploration programmes in both the established and new gold producing regions of the world.
- Responsible for compliance with IFRS and group reporting standards.
- Understanding of Government legislation and application thereof regarding royalties, carbon taxes and mining tax.
- Responsible for the HFM (Hyperion Financial Management) management reporting pack with commentary.
- Project feasibility reviews - Establish a framework for the proper evaluation of feasibility of projects.
- Produce reports for management to review key aspects of each business unit.
- Interpretation and analysis of operational unit reporting and economic conditions within which the business operates and their effect on the business.
- Provide supporting calculation which drives the month end suite of reports to corporate office as well as finance presentations at period end.
- Calculation and analysis of variance in business processes against planned parameters and previous performance and explanation of deviation in performance.
- Maintain dynamic, updated and innovative reporting methodologies.
- Ad hoc accounting assignments as required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use reporting systems.
The Successful Applicant
Key selection criteria includes:
- CA(SA) qualified (non-negotiable)
- Minimum 3 years' management reporting experience within the mining industry
- Good understanding of HFM or TM1 as well as the ability to calculate royalties, mining & carbon taxes.
What's on Offer
R1,200,000 basic + Performance bonus