You are here
Senior O & M Technical Engineer
Global Renewable Energy Group
Operations and Maintenance Engineering
About Our Client
Our Client is a global player in the Renewable Energy market with extensive operations throughout Africa & South Africa. They are part of a larger, established Group and offer exciting opportunities for career development within the greater Group Structure. This client has successfully launched diverse alternative energy projects and seeks to further develop their energy portfolio across the continent.
The Senior O&M Technical Engineer will report directly into the Engineering Manager. The Senior O&M Technical Engineer will assist with the management and execution of technical and operational engineering functions on site and project-related tasks within the Operations and Maintenance department.
The Senior O&M Technical Engineer will also be responsible for conducting investigations and implementing solutions to resolve all technical matters related to operations.
The Senior O&M Technical Engineer will be responsible for the following:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Operating Systems
- Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the operating system
- Provide continuous input towards improvement and optimisation of the operating system
- Support to Structuring Phase of projects
- Establish and approve technical requirements to be considered in the Project Documents (Functional Requirements, O&M Contract etc.)
- Ensure technical considerations in Detailed Engineering are aligned with learning's from operational plants.
- Support in alignment of contract schedules between O&M and EPC.
- Review designs and requirements relating to O&M.
- Support other departments with matters relating to O&M.
- Support to projects in close out towards TTO
- Support in project close out phase towards TTO.
- Conduct site inspections prior to TTO.
3.Support to Power Production:
- Investigate plant optimisation opportunities.
- Conduct fault finding studies and investigations into operational issues identified.
- Develop and maintain a database of technical learning's, finding and solutions to be implemented or considered in future projects.
- Support Asset Management with LTA, lenders, board requirements and other queries
- Draft and/or provide input to reports for various stakeholders (SPV, Solutions, and O&M etc.)
- Identify, implement and coordinate solutions between internal and external stakeholders
- Support O&M with all related queries, concerns, and HSE and emergency situations
- Ensure plant technical compliance with internal standards, utility compliance, and equipment and supplier requirements.
- Conduct site visits to investigate problems or implement system/solutions to resolve faults or problems.
The Successful Applicant
The sucessful candidate should meet the following characteristics and requirements:
- Have a B.Eng in Electrical Engeering (Heavy Current)
- 5-7 years experience in Electrical Engineering
- 2 years minimum experience within the renewable energy sector
- Must have PV Utility Scale Experience
- Must have understanding of Operation and Maintenance requirement/complexities associated with operational plants
- 2+ years project environment experience
- 2+ year's distribution and reticulation design experience
Advantageous to have:
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Exposure to High Voltage Networks and Sub-Stations
- Exposure the DigSilent
- Experience in Utility Scale PV Project design and execution
- Experience in SCADA systems or communication networks
- General understanding of mechanical and civil matters
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- Assertiveness and organisational skills
- High energy level and motivation.
- Proactive and initiative-taking
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity
- Good stakeholder management
- Good communication and team skills, with ability to work in across functional environment
- High social and intercultural competence
- Speak and write English fluently. Other language skills like Spanish, German, and French are an advantage
- Excellent Report writing skills
- Good understanding of Utility interfaces and stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of contracts related to energy generation projects
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary package, which includes benefits and the opportunity to join a leading Global Player within the Renewable Energy Sector. The client also offers an environment which promotes development and growth, with international opportunities for travel and exposure.