You are here
Senior Packaging Manager - Global Reaching Beverage Giant
- Regionally based global company with strong & sustainable growth
- Up to R 1,300,000 pa CTC excl. bonus
About Our Client
Our Client, a Regional Beverage Giant, has partnered with Michael Page in order to successfully recruit this critical position. This role will become instrumental in the forecasted growth for the business.
Employees number well over 5,000 throughout South Africa and our Client continues to be recognised as a top South African employer.
The business is separated into three distinct operations which function together through synergies and effective communication. They run 24/7 operations across 3 and 4 shifts within Packaging and this cultivates a high-paced environment which services ever growing consumer needs. Planned expansion plans have already been executed and staff growth will increase even further in the next 6 months.
The Senior Packaging Manager will responsible for:
- Effectively managing the growth of his/her team and that of the business.
- Understand and operate under high, complex SKU's on site and individually on lines which see 20 - 25 SKU's on a single line.
- Drive Continuous Improvements & Waste Management within a high & complex change-over environment.
- There are 120 SKU's on site across 6 production lines operating on a two shift system with 16 - 22 operators on the line. These lines are high-speed with: 15,000 bottles per/hour.
- Lead teams across multiple lines.
- Deliver on deadlines and strict adherence to KPi's.
- Negotiate, plan & execute packaging targets measured: daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Strong proficiency with numbers, forecasting & delivering on excellent crisis management under these strict deadlines.
- Sticking to the daily plans yet being able to be creative under rapidly changing circumstances.
- The incumbent will work with operators, line foreman & shift leaders but must show a strong understanding of the technical challenges experienced on the lines.
- Providing guidance to the packaging floor, from the shop floor through junior management & be able to provide valuable insight to the senior management of the organisation.
- Engaging with senior leadership on a weekly basis in order to ensure communication channels are effective & efficient.
- Leading 150 employees through CI initiatives & CAPEX projects.
- This department & individuals will be measured on, amongst others:
- Line throughput;
- EE, Learning & Development.
- Designing & implementing Continuous Improvement Projects on site.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of experience within a high-paced FMCG environment. This candidate will understand high, reoccurring and complex change-overs across modern and older filling machines, bottle washers, capping machines as well as boxing & palletizing machines.
This individual will not be office bound yet will understand the complexities of people management within a larger, growing organisation and will lead 150 employees through initiatives and CAPEX projects. He/She will have strong communication abilities and team management skills. Working closely with other HOD's and understanding the complexities of a global reaching operation is critical to this function.
The successful candidate will also be ambitious and have ca clear career progression strategy for themselves as this role will be a critical role for the organisation moving forward.
What's on Offer
As a growing business achieving excellent YOY results. Our Client is willing to consider all candidates who meet the minimum requirements stated herein.
The business must however maintain its strategy from a skills development point of view as well as a financial stand-point.
This role has been designated a clear succession plan within the next 24 - 36 months.
The starting salary on offer will be in the region of R 1,150,000 pa CTC excl. performance bonuses.