You are here
Senior Project Controller, Global Power & Automation
- Senior Project Controller experienced in Power, Construction, Telecommunications
- Senior Project Controller, Global Power & Automation
About Our Client
Our client has been present in Africa since 1926 and operates in 35 countries.
They are one of the world's leading power and automation engineering companies that provide solutions for secure, energy-efficient transmission and distribution of electricity. They increase productivity in industrial, commercial and utility operations. Their portfolio ranges from robots that can print cars, light switches, huge electrical transformers to control systems that manage entire power networks and factories.
- Supports the tender manager by reviewing and advising on financial/commercial aspects
- Participates in negotiations on contractual terms and conditions (clients, consortia, subcontractors, suppliers), risk reviews, contract structuring and negotiations, tax issues, cash flow analysis, assignment conditions, etc
- Ensures that quote calculation, cash-flow and exposure curve are prepared properly.
- Prepares the Business Financial Execution Plan consistent with internal, contractual and regulatory objectives (projects > 100 MUSD)
- Optimize project cash flow and manage the currency risk, tax issues, financial reporting, accounting, and project financing requirements
- Promotes commercial awareness in the project team and provides commercial input to the project execution plan
- Responsible for the correctness of project balance sheet and income statement
- Monitors the proper follow up on claims and back-charges
- Coordination and preparation of regular project reviews
- Identifies risks, initiates risk mitigation actions, prepares estimates to complete
- Supervises on a project basis, Project Accountants, Cost Engineers and Field Administrators - depending on the size of the project.
- Corporate governance, compliance, assurance and internal control. Enforcement of group charter and country specific finance directives and instructions
- Implements internal control processes to avoid misstatement in Financial Statements
- Drives setup of permanent establishment where required for the project
- External: Customers, financial institutions (ECA's), external auditors, tax consultants
- Internal: Peers, Accounting and Reporting, Finance and Tax, Legal and Compliance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Marketing & Sales
- Sharing knowledge and experience to contribute to a global project organization
The Successful Applicant
- CA(SA) qualified
-5 years' minimum experience as Project or Financial Controller for power, construction or telecommunications industries
-Experienced in managing projects in excess of R250mil
-Must be experienced in SAP
What's on Offer
R700,000 - R900,000 + Performance bonus (10% - 20%)