You are here
Senior Server Administrator
- Senior Server Administrator - Banking & Insurance
- My client is one of the largest banking and insurance companies in the country.
About Our Client
My client, one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the country based in Johannesburg.
My client, one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the country based in Johannesburg, is looking for a Senior Server Administrator who will be responsible for the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software related infrastructure. The Senior Server Administrator will also be responsible for the following:
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, storage.
- Design and support systems that provide easy and natural end-user access
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created
- Support production systems as required by optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow-up on reported problems
- Repair and recover from hardware, software or networking failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Resolve customer issues including complex technical scenarios.
- Establish performance standards and proactively monitors performance
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Establish IT policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources
- Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
- Familiarity with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Security, OS Internal concepts, IIS Administration experience.
- Experience with VMWare configuration and administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Management tools (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, MS Orchestrator.
- Experience with Unified Messaging (MS Exchange 2016 and Lync/Skype for Business)
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- 5 years' experience as a Network/Server Administrator
- 6 years' experience in an IT environment
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Information Technology
- A+ and N+
- MCSE 2012
- Exchange 2013
- Sharepoint 2013
- CCNA (Certified Cisco Network Administrator)
- ITIL V3 Foundation
What's on Offer
R400,000 CTC per annum to R550,000 CTC per annum