You are here
Leading sub-division within International Group
Consumer & Industrial Manufacturer
About Our Client
Our Client forms part of an international Group which specialises in construction and refurbishments. Having multiple subsidiaries within the industry, this organisation fulfils a pivotal role in providing services and products to the other subsidiaries within the group as well as providing services & products to external clients.
The SHEAR Manager will:
- To ensure the company's SHEAR Policy is implemented consistently across the region.
- To monitor, evaluate and review SHEAR policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required.
- To advise management team on the implications of current and emerging SHEAR legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance.
- To support managers to maintain SHEAR systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- To assist managers implement SHEAR systems and procedures to meet specific legal and Company requirements
- To carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of SHEAR systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements.
- To ensure routine SHEAR activities and checks are carried out.
- Take action to mitigate the impact and likelihood of SHEAR risks.
- Prepare regular reports on compliance and activity for presentation to the Company Management.
- To undertake any other duties as required by management, commensurate with the grade of the post.
- To provide active leadership within the Company to ensure that the required safety culture is achieved.
- Set targets in conjunction with the Plant Manager to ensure that SHEAR objectives and targets are achieved.
- Maintain, develop and deliver the appropriate safety, quality and environmental improvement culture to sustain and enhance first-class performance levels.
- Utilise and manage shared services effectively to support business objectives
- Co-ordinate the internal Environmental and Safety audits and bring deviations to the attention of management as soon as possible. Also prepare all information for annual Management Review meetings of the Environmental and Safety Management Systems to ensure continual improvement.
- The appointed Management Representative of the Company, the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from a manufacturing environment with exposure to management level. He/She will also have strong Safety, Health, Environment & Risk experience within an FMCG environment. SAP experience is expected as well as fully computer literate
What's on Offer
Competitive market related package on offer plus benefits - depending on work experience.