You are here
Supply Development Manager / Abidjan-based / Global FMCG Leader
- Setting up brand new supply chains of agricultural products in West Africa
- Fluent in French and English
About Our Client
Our client is a global leading FMCG company.
The Supply Development Manager will be responsible for setting up brand new supply chains of value added agricultural products from identified countries in West Africa (primarily Cote D'Ivoire, Nigeria and Ghana) to meet our client's growing raw material requirements at globally competitive costs.
The role will be responsible for the local interactions with the implementing partners on ground, public sector, international funding agencies, Sustainability Certifying bodies and other private organisations to create sustainable agriculture supply chains.
Where supply chains already exist, the role will be required to evaluate their suitability and competitive value as raw material inputs into any applicable supply chain, requiring interaction and cooperation with Procurement and Procurement Operations teams around the globe.
The role will be based in Abidjan and will involve frequent travel, largely within Africa.
The Successful Applicant
- Must be a self-starter and a strong executor. Creative thinking and able to work independently.
- Must have 5 to 10 years work experience in procurement including supply market intelligence and analysis, supply strategy development and implementation, preferably in the agri sector.
- Must be highly skilled at negotiations and political influencing.
- Must have a good understanding of project management as the successful candidate will lead both processes and people across a broad and diverse geographic and business environment.
- Must have a good understanding of finance.
- Must be able to travel frequently around the region and continent.
- Degree in agri commodities would be ideal.
- Must be fluent in English and French. A third language would be an asset.
What's on Offer