You are here
- Well known Retail Giant
- Opportunity allows for exposure into the African retail market
About Our Client
Our client is a giant in the retail market, established in 1929, they comprise of 1300 stores across three major retail divisions within the South African market and is situated in Gauteng
Tax compliance and reporting
- Complete the tax computations for companies on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis for financial reporting purposes for all current and deferred taxes which meet all IFRS requirements.
- Complete all reconciliations for accuracy of reporting.
- Analyse and prepare financial reports as required.
- Complete and process monthly tax journal entries and account analysis. Ensure all entries are complete and accurate.
- Accurate completion of statutory tax returns and provisional tax returns ensuring that they are correct and submitted timeously.
- Execute responses and evidence to tax authorities in the event of queries or tax audits.
- Complete tax analysis and withholding tax calculations.
- Execute process for provisional tax and withholding payments ensuring these are accurate and timely.
- Completion of tax forecasts for management reporting processes.
Process Improvement, Efficiency and Governance
- Ensures the credibility of the results maintained in the General Ledger used for internal and external reporting purposes by streamlining processes, improving controls and ensuring adequate audit trail supported by automated systems.
- Reduce output time of deliverables to ensure timely data for decision making by stakeholders.
- Maintain company tax models required for reporting purposes.
- Assist and advise business units with tax-related issues and perform special projects as required.
- Assist with various tax planning activities and research including estimated tax forecasts and other projects that involve a high degree of complexity.
- Assist with projects on new and existing tax requirements and areas of weaknesses identified and execute system changes and processes to ensure compliance.
Stakeholder Relationship Building, Networking and Management
- Educate all business stakeholders to ensure tax legislation is complied with and tax requirements met timeously.
- Respond to queries and educate all stakeholders in respect of tax legislation requirements.
- Assist and execute deliverables where required for liaison with tax authorities, auditors and external parties as and when required.
- Execute ongoing change management and transformation activities, including continuous improvement of service delivery and efficiency metrics.
- Keep abreast of current and new tax legislation and execute the implementation thereof.
- Ensure company tax policies are compiled with by all stakeholders within the company.
- Ensure prompt responses to Revenue Services and administrative queries.
- Maintain appropriate tax registers.
- Encourage, implement and reinforce the Group's Values, Leadership principles and (High Performing Organisation) HPO strategies and initiatives.
- Ensure an open, motivated and harmonious work environment in line with Edcon's Leadership philosophy.
- Manage own personal development through IDP and talent management processes.
- Request training and feedback on performance.
- Take personal responsibility for all issues facing tax, work as a team and coach new employees or existing colleagues.
- Communicate effectively within tax and finance and across the Group on objectives, deadlines, principles, taxation processes and governance.
- Communicate with line manager regularly, recommend and action improvements.
The Successful Applicant
- Tax Acts
- Problem solving
- Planning & Organising
- Analytical thinking
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Business acumen
Requirements / qualifications:
- Strong systems knowledge
- Hyperion knowledge an advantage
- Oracle or SAP experience
- CA(SA); and/or
- Higher diploma in taxation
- Minimum of 2 years corporate tax experience or strong newly qualified CA
What's on Offer