As a job seeker in today's marketplace temporary work offers you an alternative to a permanent position, allowing you to advance your career in a way that is more suited to your personal circumstances. Michael Page, with its teams of specialist consultants can assist with your search for temporary work.
The benefits of temporary work
Temporary work offers many benefits including:
- The ability to work in a variety of industries, or focus your discipline
- Greater exposure to different types of management styles and clients
- Exposure to different types of products offered
- Opportunity to broaden or deepen your skill base
Definition of temporary work
Different industries refer to a temporary position in different ways. You may hear it referred to as ‘freelancing'. In general terms, a temporary employee is someone who works for a company on a non-fixed term basis. The employee's salary is usually calculated on an hourly or daily rate and is paid through the Michael Page payroll. No notice period is required to terminate temporary employment by either party.
Reasons companies need temporary staff
Companies employ people on a temporary basis for many reasons including:
- To cover for maternity leave or other absences
- During particularly busy periods of the year
- To analyse an employee's performance with a view to permanent employment
- Assistance with special projects