- Finance Manager & Senior Finance Manager - Mauritius
- Qualified ACCA/ ACA Finance Manager & Senior Finance Manager - Mauritius
À propos de notre client
My client has operations in Africa and Europe, and is currently looking for a Finance Manager and a Senior Finance Manager in Mauritius.
Description du poste
Core Responsibilities of the Senior Finance Manager
1. Group interaction
· Reporting into and liaise with Finance Director ("FD") on all finance related strategies including automation of reporting across the Group and optimisation of processes.
· Support FD to design, implement and monitor a sound Group wide financial control framework.
· Ensure adherence with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting timelines, including setting and enforcing the Group reporting close policy and deadlines. Liaise with regional or asset specific Financial Managers for completion of month-end reporting and ensure reporting deadlines are met.
· Assisting FD with the drafting of new policies and procedures regarding best practice and on-going budgeting and reporting requirements.
· Assisting with appropriate financial due diligence & feasibility studies.
2. Mauritian Accounting and Financial Reporting
· Responsibility and detailed oversight of the group's Mauritian financial processes, including instances where these are outsourced, and responsibility to produce accurate and timely reporting to facilitate the consolidation of the Company's financial statements and reporting from business, investor, governance and regulatory perspectives.
· Responsible for the Mauritian operations in terms of maintaining of sound internal control.
· Manage the daily tasks including monitoring of the team members, approvals of transactions and general ledger maintenance
· Lead local liaison with the Group's auditors, other service providers and any applicable regulators such as the tax authorities and financial services commissions or similar.
· Preparation of local tax computation and ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual return filings. Work with tax advisors where required to ensure all tax changes are understood and the tax structure is optimised as required.
· Manage and deliver a consolidated entity and Group budget during the annual budgeting process.
· Monitor and control the group's expenditure against budget to ensure that spending occurs within budgetary restrictions and produce monthly financial and cashflow forecasts as required.
· Work closely with the group's teams, fund administrators and other service providers to ensure that all ad-hoc shareholder reporting requirements are met on a timely basis.
· Presentation of finance related matters, including budgets, forecasts and financial reporting to FD as well as company secretaries and relevant board meetings or other committees as required.
3. Manage Human Resources
· Manage any associated direct reporting staff and maintain a healthy working relationship with the Group's other financial and asset management team members.
· Conduct the performance planning & performance management for direct employees.
· Promote the company Vision, Mission & Values.
· Qualified as an ACCA/ ACA or similar applicable qualification.
· A minimum of 5 years post qualification finance experience.
· Detailed accounting, tax and financial reporting knowledge
· Design and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures.
· Legislation: knowledge and compliance to Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
· Financial accounting principles and standards, including IFRS and INREV.
· Must be detail focused and analytical and efficient.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels in the company and to accurately give an account of information pertaining to the performance of outputs.
· Must have the ability to utilize any applicable computer software and the relevant functionality applicable to achieve the outcomes required.
· Must have the ability to manage people and conflict.
· Must have good interpersonal skills.
· Must have the ability to manage time effectively.
· Must have the ability to identify and manage risk.
· Detail and results focused
· Efficient and conscientious of time-based deliverables
· Customer focused
· Team player
· Work well under pressure
· Continuous learner
Attractive compensation and perks