Account Manager - South Africa
Growth Opportunity with an International Organisation
Strategic involvement, building strong relationships and providing a challenge.
About Our Client
Founded in 1959, Farmesa is a global manufacturing and supplier of food ingredients to organisations internationally. Headquartered in Buenos Aires, Argentina, it is dedicated to developing, manufacturing and marketing speciality ingredients, such as proteins, hydro-colloids, stabilisers, coatings, and flavor systems for a variety of food industries, including Processed Meat & Poultry, Seafood, Dairy, and Food Service.
Farmesa has evolved over the years becoming a regional leader in savoury additives and ingredients for the food industry, with a strong presence in emerging markets, exporting its products to more than 35 countries worldwide. It has an active projection in South Africa and Middle East, through its local subsidiary - Farmesa AME - with an established customer base and interesting opportunities for growth.
As the Account Manager - South Africa you will be based in Johannesburg, South Africa reporting to the Commercial Director, South Africa and the International Sales Director in Buenos Aires, Argentina. You will be required to align available technologies and products with defined market needs, as well as defining new product development opportunities in order to achieve profitable and sustainable growth.
Other key responsibilities will include however not limited to, the following:
- Developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans for the assigned markets and customers, analysing local and regional variables and complexities, in order to achieve the commercial targets set by the organisation.
- Design and implement product and portfolio strategies, optimising the use of Farmesa's technologies and applications, to generate sales and growth opportunities in every customer.
- Identify needs and opportunities in customers and prospects, and the technical requirements to engage. Work alongside R&D to feed the information into the product development and application cycle.
- Translate market insights into well defined product opportunities that will drive sales growth.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of product features and advantages in order to articulate the organisations unique value proposition to the customer
- Elaborate sales forecasts and expenses budgets for the assigned markets
- Provide timely information and reports
- Develop strong relationships key stakeholders, R&D, Sourcing, Operations and other key areas.
- Work alongside distributors and agents in the assigned market
- Follow up on product delivery and logistics coordination, with support from head office
The Successful Applicant
The successful Account Manager-South Africa, will be based in Johannesburg and cover the full South African region.
The following attributes are required:
- Based in South Africa, in or near Johannesburg area
- Bachelor degree in Food Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related degrees
- With extensive, successful and proven expertise in similar sales and business development roles in food ingredients companies - preferably serving customers from the processed meat and dairy industries
- At least 5 years of relevant first hand experience in similar roles in B2B account management
- Good working knowledge of food science and how it relates to product commercialisation
- Positive, driven and persuasive, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive, excellent communicator, structured and organised
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Commercial awareness, with proven success in negotiating relevant deals.
- Solid analytical skills, understanding costs, margins, profit and business essentials.
- Flexible to travel nationally and potentially internationally
- Results and customer-oriented, engaging professionally
What's on Offer
The Account Manager - South Africa will receive the following:
- Great package including benefits and bonus
- Opportunity to grow and develop within your career