Sign up to receive job alerts
About Our Client
Our client is a major FMCG producer and distributor in the Indian Ocean with Head Offices based in Madagascar.
The role of the Accountant will be to:
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyse business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Ensure timely and appropriate returns to the local authorities (the like of MRA) within the prescribed deadline.
- Ensure timely recording of all transactions on SAP for quick retrieval of reports for analysis, follow up and decision making.
- Develop, maintain, and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record-keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation for the Board for quarterly and yearly reviews, budget and strategic planning.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilisation, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Coordinate the year-end audit by assisting the external auditors in the finalisation of the Financial Statements and Tax filing.
- Administer and collate all bank transactions and oversee data recording procedures monthly.
The Successful Applicant
The Accountant will be based in Madagascar and will require the following attributes:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in accounting/finance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business (qualified or part qualified ACCA and ACA may also be considered)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready to gain significant experience within a well-established company.