- International accounting certification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAN) mandatory
- Combination of big 4/5 audit firm + in-house accounting management experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading and global player of the agro-industry and commodities supply. As part of its growth in West Africa, we are looking to recruit an Accounting Manager for its operations in Nigeria.
Based in Lagos, you report to the Country General Manager and act as a key member of the financial team by overseeing the accounting department.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments:
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department which includes month and end-year process, payroll, variance analysis, fixed asset registration, consolidation reporting and reconciliation,
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports and statements,
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles,
- Reporting on a monthly basis for group consolidation and finance control purposes,
- Establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information in close collaboration with the group financial team,
- Preparing annual audits in collaboration with external auditors and providing recommendations,
- Improving existing systems, procedures and initiating corrective actions,
- Establishing and maintaining fiscal files and records to document transactions and coordinating periodic stock counts.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated and holder of international accounting certification (ACCA, CIMA, ICAN) with a minimum of 5 years success record at a similar role with international companies in Nigeria. Accounting knowledge when it comes to physical inventory is important. Experience combining Big 4/5 international audit firms and in-house experience in agro-industry or commodities' sector will be an added value for this position. Thorough, well-organized and dedicated, you are detailed-oriented and time-efficient. Great team player, you always go the extra mile and have a high ability to manipulate large amounts of data in no time.
What's on Offer
Local attractive package