- Transforming the African Agricultural Sector
- Director level position based in Nairobi, Kenya
About Our Client
Our client is a leading organisation that seeks to improve the Agricultural landscape across the African continent.
As the Africa Head of Strategy you will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and be responsible providing operational and technical oversight for the organisations strategic planning & execution to advance the innovative contribution of the company in transforming the Agriculture Fishing and Forestry landscape in Africa.
You will have the following job responsibilities:
- Drive end-to-end impact: Advise project teams on making data-driven recommendations, executing these recommendations, and rigorously measuring results.
- Leads in key strategic performance measurement for each division and unit, identifies performance gaps, their implication and means of mitigation
- Facilitates the design process for departmental strategic plans, annual business plans, and their results monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks
- Leads the overall corporate strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and review progress against short- and medium-term measures and longer-term impact
- Innovate: Opportunistically identify and guide innovation efforts (innovation is a core value within the organisation)
- Articulates the organisation's mission in a clear and concise way that can speak to partners and employees at all levels.
- Contribute baseline reference and evaluative knowledge to the corporate, departmental, and divisional strategies; and facilitate their regular updates
- Advises on areas where tracking, documentation and reporting can be enhanced to improve results management, and accountability to partners, including each country
- Work with the Enterprise Risk Team to identify and reduce strategic risks
- Collaborating with leadership, special committees, and consultants to execute strategies.
- Act as a resource across the organisation to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for experienced strategy consultants (at senior management level) with a good understanding of Agriculture. To apply for the position of Africa Head of Strategy, please ensure you meet the below minimum requirements:
- Master's Degree in an Applied Research Discipline (development Economics, Sociology, Statistics, Agriculture and Rural Development etc)
- Minimum 10 years experience in International Development in an agricultural related organisation
- Minimum 5 years experience in managing a strategy & analytic team
- Passionate about Agriculture
- Strong business and commercial acumen
What's on Offer
The Africa Head of Strategy will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will look forward to receiving a competitive market related offer with great benefits of working for such an organisation