Africa IT/IS Manager
You will have broad experience across Applications and Infrastructure
Experience in leading cross discipline multi-cultural teams
About Our Client
Created in 1828, our client employs 66,000 people worldwide, has 1400 offices and laboratories in 140 countries, delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
- Proactively develop and build robust relationships with key stakeholders within the business at a senior and middle management Level
- Stay abreast of Digital and Technology trends, solutions and innovation within buusiness and in the market place
- Identify any business requirements for IS or IT solutions and propose solutions for arbitration.
- Providing support to the business in the commercial process by proposing solutions and participating in the RFP process and client presentations.
Participate in the governance process for Africa ISM
- Facilitate the project identification and budget arbitration process for IS projects.
- Complete, communicate and present status reports
- Champion and drive process improvements and compliance (status reports, support process, tools usage..)
- Manage IS maintenance and support for Africa applications
Oversee the execution of all IS and IT projects within in the region, including;
- Ensuring ISM input into the arbitration process (correct strategy, ROI, technology..)
- Establish conditions for success (Sponsor, project team,…)
- Implement governance to monitor and steer the projects
Effectively manage the IS and IT team ;
- Set objectives, conducting PMP reviews and propose salary reviews
- Anticipate resource requirements and recruitment's
- Manage performance issues
- Mentorship and career management
- Be a role model for leadership behaviours, core values and code of ethics (including performing the certification)
- Embed a culture of One within the team and pro-actively look for collaboration across the Africa region on IS and IT initiatives and leveraging existing assets.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience as an IS or IT manager of a team that includes international team members from different cultures and locations.
- Experience in managing teams throughout Africa
- Extensive Project management and strong Portfolio management experience
- Application life cycle experience (requirements, specifications, development, testing, deployment) for both Waterfall and Agile (DevOps) Methodologies
- Public Cloud System / Integrated Platform deployments
- IT Service & Infrastructure Management experience
- Experience with IT/IS budget planning and budget maintenance required.
- Organisational skills, Crisis Management skills
- Strong communication skills to both team and business stakeholders
- Fluent English and at least one other regional language
A can do, customer service orientated approach balanced with pragmatism
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a market related salary depending on experience