- Experienced BI Developer with 6 + years experience in Data Management
- Experienced working in Insurance Industry Advantageous
About Our Client
Our client is a specialised Insurance Company, that operates in the corporate risk finance sector, their focus is to provide their clients with risk and benefit services. Company based in Johannesburg.
BI Developer will be responsibilities for:
- End to end data acquisition and data management (Event/Streaming based data pipelines, ETL, Data Lake, Data warehousing and dimensional data modelling.
- Import the data into the corporate data lake/ data warehouse.
- Reporting on the data acquisition progress, regulatory and financial accounting.
- Participate in quality assurance, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Ability to define a structured approach to problem solving and delivery against it.
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and think broadly in performing analysis and problem solving.
- Self-directed and able to work independently and within a team.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- IT Related Degree or Diploma
- Microsoft Certification or Cloud Certification
- Minimum 5 years experience in BI (SSIS, SSRS)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Data Warehosuing (Kimbal Methodology)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Cube Development (SSAS, MDX)
- Must have an Insurance background - Non negotiable
- Database Technologies: SQL Sever 2012, SQL Query, SQL Security
- Cloud Technologies
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- Event/Streaming based data pipelines (e.g. Kafka or Nifi)
- Object-oriented/object functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala or related
- SQL Architectural experience preferable.
- Understanding of financial accounting advantageous.
- Working knowledge of C# / VB.Net / VBA advantageous.
- Ability to interact with clients.
What's on Offer
Salary- Market Related
Medical Aid, Provident Fund