Sign up to receive job alerts
Board Chairman - Kenya
Board Chairman - Kenya
About Our Client
Our client operates in the telecommunications industry.
The Board Chairman will be responsible to guide the company with the overall strategy of the business. The ideal candidate should be diligent, competent and a dedicated leader, able to steer the Company to a profitable direction in line with its vision, mission and long term goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic plans, business goals and objectives in consultation with management and other board directors;
- Oversee the cultivation and promotion of an ethical governance, management culture and awareness.
- Oversee the recruitment and development of senior leaders to manage critical business functions;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization;
- Develop positive relationships with key stakeholders including without limitation the company's regulators and government agencies;
- Proactively address challenges in the internal and external environment in order to protect the business interests of the company; and
- Engage management in establishing the company's vision, risk appetite and overall strategic direction with regards to cybersecurity.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree preferably in a business related field, telecommunications or information technology industry;
- Twenty (20) and above years of experience in the finance or telecommunication industry;
- Relevant training in strategy, management and leadership;
- Proven success working in a board of directors of a reputable company;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with innovative approach to business planning and problem solving;
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization.
- Demonstrate ability in developing and implementing successful strategic plans;
- Deep understanding of financial strategies, optimization of financial operations and finance related performance metrics;
- In depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance of an organization.
- Membership in reputable societies, clubs and organizations;
- No history of any offence involving fraud, dishonesty or violence or contravention of any provision made under any law designed to protect members of the public against financial loss due to dishonesty, incompetence or malpractice; and
- Solvent with no history of having been declared bankrupt or having a negative rating with a Credit Reference Bureau.
What's on Offer