Business Development Manager
A Global organisation based in Johannesburg
Looking for a strong Business Development Manager for their mining business
About Our Client
Yokogawa South Africa (Pty) Ltd is an empowered South African company jointly owned by Identity Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd, a local black women-owned organisation, and Yokogawa Africa Holdings BV, incorporated in the Netherlands.
Yokogawa first entered the South African market in 1978 when a local company was appointed as the sole distributor for Yokogawa process control instrumentation. In 1997 Yokogawa South Africa (Pty) Ltd was formerly established and reported to Yokogawa Europe.
The company enjoys an enviable reputation as a turnkey supplier of high performance, high quality process control and field instrumentation systems and services in the South African chemical, petrochemical, mining, pulp and paper, sugar, power generation and iron and steel industries.
The Successful Business Development Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following duties:
- Develop business for defined geographical area and related market segments within the global Yokogawa guidelines.
- Develop a clear landscape of the Mining Industry in sectors, size, and Automation profile.
- "Solution Selling", exploiting synergies across Systems, PCI and Services.
- Obtain vendor qualification with all potential customers within the targeted applications.
- Determine target Projects and Customers to reach annual budgets.
- Develop major accounts for the Mining Industry by developing and maintaining customer relations.
- Develop the budget and business plans for the Business Unit in cooperation with the Director: Sales and Marketing.
- Bid team leader for all major tenders.
- Represent the region at annual meetings
- Plan and manage all promotional events for the mining industry in cooperation with the Marketing Specialist.
- Monthly progress reporting for the region's Mining industry.
- Provide input to bid-no-bid decisions.
- Develop sales promotional material.
- Travel when required in support of above-mentioned activities.
- Support the Project Manager in technical and commercial conflicts.
- Stay abreast of strategic and technical developments on Yokogawa systems and PCI products.
- Maintain vigilance on the activities of competitors, and channel this technical and marketing information to the sales team.
- To participate as a member of the YMA-SA team in the pursuit of its business activities.
- Co-ordination and participation with all Yokogawa companies globally.
- Adherence to the Yokogawa Management System.
- Abide by the company's business expenditure policies relating to service activities.
- Abide by the Authority Levels document and be responsible for signatures as per Authority levels document.
- Respond positively to any other reasonable request pertaining to the job.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Business Development Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
- Recognised formal qualification in an engineering or process related subject minimum S4 level or equivalent, or
- Degree in an engineering or process related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in an automation environment.
- Broad knowledge of the mining industry in the SA/AAR/AO region.
What's on Offer
A competitive market related offer based on current remuneration structure and market related increases.
Yokogawa offer company contribution to medical and provident fund as well as (discretionary) performance bonuses.