Business Development Manager
A global world leader in the contruction space
looking for a Business Development Manager
About Our Client
A global organisation that manufactures and supplies performance engineered abrasives for technical manufacturing and commercial applications.
The Business Development Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following duties:
- Responsible for selling the range of Abrasives solutions and new products, actively engaging with customers new and existing to achieve this.
- Accountable to own area customer relationships and said revenue to maximise market advantage, through a strong focus on distributors, end user requirements, customers sales teams and customer relationship management, to maximise market advantage own trade spend within the sale geography
- Responsibility for achievement of debt management within area of responsibility
- To work across the supply chain, internal and external, engaging customers to promote and demonstrate system value.
- Building sustainable relationships to maximise market advantage, through a strong focus on merchants, end user requirements, customers sales teams and customer relationship management, to maximise market advantage
- Responsible for training of customer base (with focus on customer sales force) on existing products, new products and value add propositions (for example: Specsure, product handling and stock rotation)
- Merchandising as and when required to ensure complete product offering understandable to end users
- Proactively identifying new opportunities for enhanced product offerings, uncovering and understanding these through application of trained techniques, supply chain knowledge, commercial awareness and in depth knowledge of customers' businesses.
- Achievement of sales target.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Business Development Manager will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
- Degree, Diploma or relevant industry qualification in construction/building disciplines is preferred, or equivalent industry experience.
- The ideal candidate will come from abrasives
- At least 8 years' experience in a sales role, achieving sales targets
- At least 5 years' experience in export sales
- At least 5 years' experience working in Africa including Angola and/or Mozambique and/or Zambia
- Language proficiency in English and Portuguese (Must) German would be an advantage
- Driver licence
- Previous customer facing role essential
- Commercial awareness - ability to identify opportunities and action
- Operating in business to business environment
- Broader understanding of economic drivers preferred
- Success at selling new concepts and products
- Ownership of and engagement with continuous self-development
- Proven technical competence - understanding of technical concepts and ability to translate for commercial benefit
What's on Offer
A competitive market related offer as well as incentives