Sign up to receive job alerts
Business Development Manager
Identify, assess and develop new projects and activities.
Improve the organisation's market position and achieve financial growth.
About Our Client
Our client present in the Mauritian market since more than a decade, has recently won a tender to develop one of the most interesting Solar project in the island.
The Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop sound and close long-term relationship with business partners and stakeholders
- Build mutual respect, essential for growing relationships.
- Enhance existing relationship by trying to meet their needs.
- Keep consistent, regular, accurate and clear communication with the business partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare annual business plan.
- Define yearly targets and objectives.
- Drive execution of planned objectives as per project plan, within set time frame.
- Integrate business requirement with business operations.
- Set up new operations, including but not limited to incorporation of new companies, recruitment of personal, set up of administration among others.
- Submit progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Assess the financial and operations status of the concerned targeted company.
- Assess and re adapt the existing business functions marketing, finance, HR
- Manage day to day operations and report accordingly.
- Assist in the permitting process and financing process of new projects
- Assist in the setting up of the construction project management of the project - including the assessment and appointment of contractors and consultants.
- Manage the Relationship with the organisation's key partner
- Manage the Relationship with key stakeholders: Authorities, potential customers
- Manage the daily administration (Accounting, HR, Corporate governance (e.g. drafting of Board resolutions and board presentations for key decisions...)
- Manage project tendering process, including but not limited to drafting and submission of concerned documents, assessment of technical proposals and evaluation of project feasibility.
- Presentation of the project to the Executive Management
- Develop new activities as per management request.
- Report on success and areas needing improvement.
The Successful Applicant
The Business Development Manager role will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- MBA holder
- Engineering Background (preferably in the Electricity and/or Renewable energy sector)
- Training in project management will be an advantage.
- High level of communication skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- High attention to details.
- Ability to be proactive and handle uncertainty.
- Good knowledge in project financing
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- Excellent project management and contract skills.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a transformation journey in Mauritius with the ability to implement change and strategy. Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure.
- Competitive salary
- Car benefits & Bonus