Sign up to receive job alerts
Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager
EE/AA candidate with 5 years' experience in Financial Services
Exposure to data analysis, solutions design & testing, data modelling
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed provider of insurance, financial planning, retirement, investment, and wealth management products to personal, business, and institutional customers in South Africa and internationally.
Based in Cape Town and reporting into the Enterprise Business Intelligence Manager, the Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Translate business problems and use cases into requirements for data and analytical constructs.
- Focus on client Value calculation/derivation, Income prediction model, and various segmentation models.
- Analyses data and analytics processes to determine problems, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyses past, present and future business environment.
- Engage and consult with business users and management on business procedures and policies.
- Designs new data and analytics processes.
- Establishes and maintains data and analytics constructs for the Data Analytics team
- Supports and maintains the requirements for the technical and data infrastructure to support the relevant data and analytics processes.
- Owns data and analytical constructs, user acceptance testing and implementation of changes or new applications.
- Compiles 1-year detailed plan for team activities, based on broader business plan
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- The Business Intelligence & Analytics Manager will manage stakeholders and other resources.
The Successful Applicant
- BCom/BSc (analytical or statistical) or relevant tertiary qualification.
- 5+ years' experience in business and data analysis, solutions design & testing, data modelling
- Experience in financial industry.
- Experience with visualisation tools e.g. Qlikview or Power BI
- Experience in understanding database structure and data extraction principles.
- Experience is extracting and manipulating data using tools such as SQL, SAS and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work as a contributing member to a team as well as work in a self-directed and independent environment.
- Willingness to be flexible in job responsibilities as needs and opportunities warrant.
- Problem solving skills.
- Relationship management skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What's on Offer
R900,000 CTC per annum to R1,100,000 CTC per annum