- Large Retail Brand
- Executive Level Finance Position
About Our Client
Our client is a large fashion retailer that has been around for over 100 years and is a listed business with over 10,000 employees.
- Establish credibility and become familiar with the Group's divisions and subsidiary companies as well as its corporate vision, mission, and objectives.
- Play a key role in the continued development and implementation of the strategic goals of the Company.
- Give direction and leadership towards the achievement of the Company's annual goals and objectives.
- Assist in the further development of the Group so as to deliver higher growth.
- Identify and action areas for improvement in both effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Manage control of the financial and tax risk of the Company.
- Interact (with the CEO) and develop credibility with local and international financial analysts/shareholders and influential leadership in South Africa.
- Ensure high standards of Corporate Governance amongst all functions under his/her control.
- Provide leadership, vision, and motivation for the team.
- Participate actively in all relevant Board discussions and decisions.
- A strong technical understanding of retail credit, including the development of effective credit strategies, local and international credit trends would be a distinct advantage.
- Similarly, the ability to add value to the Credit Risk Management and Analytics function, through very active involvement in the development of credit strategies would be very positive.
The Successful Applicant
The incumbent must have the following:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant|(SA) - non negotiable
- MBA would be an advantage
- Must be a South African citizen
- Equity candidates will be given first preference
- Currently, the candidate should be at CFO, Senior or Top Financial Executive level in a public listed company at the same or similar sized company and ideally within retail or similar sector.
- Extensive experience (10 years or more) and a successful track record of working in a complex financial environment at this level.
- Experience in dealing with investors and the financial community (including analysts and shareholders).
- Highly numerate with a professional understanding of critical ratios, income statement, cash flow, and balance sheet structure. Familiar with funding options and a very good understanding of local and international business and taxation.
- JSE listing experience is non-negotiable
What's on Offer
Market-Related Salary Package