Sign up to receive job alerts
Chief Information Officer
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa.
Chief Information Officer with at least 10 years experience
About Our Client
My client is a JSE-listed provider of insurance, financial planning, retirement, investment, and wealth management products to personal, business, and institutional customers in South Africa and internationally.
Reporting to the CEO and based in Sandton, Johannesburg, the Chief Information Officer will be responsible for driving the IT strategy of the business unit within the context of the overall Group IT strategy. The primary focus of the business unit is the creation of solutions to interface into the client experience and enhance the client journey while managing the flow of information to the various systems of record within the Group. The Chief Information Officer will also have the following responsibilities:
- IT strategy for the business
- Participate in Quarterly Planning for the business, as well as in collaboration with other business units
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of IT solutions
- Manage the relationships with vendors and partners
- Engage with Infrastructure & Operations team of the Group to ensure successful implementation of IT solutions
- Ensure down time managed in accordance with SLA's
- Manage the service levels of suppliers (internal and external) of applications across business lines
- Develop solutions in the area of client interaction
- Provide input to product houses with regards to systems requirement for the segment.
- Oversee the establishment of a data warehouse and the building of analytics capabilities
- Application architecture
- Platform architecture
- Business architecture
- Participate in and contribute to group IT forums representing the interest of the segment
- Stay abreast of technology developments and their applicability to enabling business
- Providing guidance to regional operations and being an enabler for business
- Providing solutions to IT related challenges
- Be the gateway between regional operations and group functions
- Translate client needs into workable solutions
- People Management and Mentoring: Mentoring employees to ensure guidance and direction to prosper in their
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of 10 years solid experience in a complex, heterogeneous and distributed IT environment.
- A minimum of 15 years experience as a senior IT professional in a large and complex corporate environment, preferably banking
- An appropriate tertiary qualification is a minimum requirement
- An additional business qualification would be an advantage
- Experience in leading a complex technical team preferably in the Financial Services.
- A proven track record in managing IT shared services and large scale IT projects in a decentralised organisational structure
- A tried and tested ability to manage and lead strong personalities, multidisciplinary and high performance teams
- Experience in driving organisation wide change initiatives and securing key stakeholder buy-in
- A sound IT functional knowledge and experience in systems development and IT operations and understanding of business processes
What's on Offer
R2,300,000 CTC to R2,6 million CTC per annum excl. LTI's & STI's