Sign up to receive job alerts
Chief Information Officer
Experienced Chief Information Officer with Financial Services experience
Extensive IT and Digital experience required
About Our Client
The client, based in Pretoria, falls within the Financial Services industry and provides products across long term and short term insurance as well as transactional banking products.
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for driving the IT and Digital strategy for the organisation. The role has a dual function in guiding and driving the IT strategy implementation across the operating entities for the business.
In addition, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for the following:
- IT strategy for the business.
- Participate in Quarterly Planning for the business, as well as in collaboration with other business units.
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of IT solutions.
- Manage the relationships with vendors and partners.
- Engage with Infrastructure & Operations team to ensure successful implementation of IT solutions.
- Ensure down time managed in accordance with SLA's.
- Manage the service levels of suppliers (internal and external) of applications across business lines.
- Develop solutions in the area of client interaction.
- Provide input to product houses with regards to systems requirement for the segment.
- Ensure alignment with group.
- Application architecture.
- Platform architecture.
- Business architecture.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post graduate degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- 10 years IT experience, a minimum of 5 years at management level.
- Proven experience in the SDLC.
- Financial Services experience an advantage.
- Experience in managing an IT team.
- Experience in implementation of industry strength IT platforms/solutions.
- Experience as both a consumer and supplier of IT services an advantage.
What's on Offer
R1,700,000 Cost To Company per annum - R2,000,000 Cost To Company per annum