Inscrivez-vous pour recevoir nos alertes emploi
Major Financial Services Player
Role based in Mauritius
À propos de notre client
Our Client is a major Financial Services player with operations in over 20 countries.
Description du poste
The Compliance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- To support and assist the Head of Compliance and Senior Management to discharge their accountability for compliance risk management and compliance with applicable statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements.
- To maintain and develop a thorough understanding of the relevant regulatory requirements applicable to the institution that he/she represents as a Compliance officer; thereby facilitating the establishment of a compliance culture.
- To develop and build relationships with key stakeholders, being the Business, Compliance and other support areas
- Support and maintain string team dynamics and culture
- Responsible for the completion and/or maintenance of the institution regulatory universes.
- Ensure in conjunction with the Business that generic Compliance Risk Management Plans are developed and customised in conjunction with the Business.
- Analyse & identify compliance risks, processes & controls and provide advice to management, relevant committees, within the Business and the embedded business risk management function and employees, in order to effectively manage compliance issues.
- Attend and participate when required, in appropriate committees, meetings, business processes and initiatives to ensure that any compliance requirements are appropriately considered.
- Safeguard the reputational risk of the institution by ensuring the Business support the Reputational Risk standard and related reputational risk policies & procedures.
- Prepare in conjunction with the Business Areas the Annual Compliance Sign off on the plan for the year in terms of Regulatory Universe, RMPs, training and monitoring.
- Create a Business compliance monitoring plan in consultation with the Business Areas and based on the Business Areas Regulatory Risk Framework and track progress thereto.
- Utilise established mechanisms for reporting and resolving non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Strive to influence a continual reduction in costs within the areas under control.
- Create and maintain an appropriate electronic record and filing system.
- Provide business continuity to the team by being the back up to another compliance team member as requested by the Head of Compliance.
The successful candidate will require the following attributes:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification, LLB minimum. Bar qualification is a definite advantage
- Minimum 5 years' experience in financial services, of which 3 years in Compliance or Legal
- Ability to drive strong stakeholder engagement
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills at various levels of the organisation
- Leadership and Managerial competencies
This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking a strategic and exciting challenge to join a major FS player. Our Client is as well offering an attractive remuneration structure.