Sign up to receive job alerts
Content Delivery Engineer
Content Delivery Engineer
CDN (Content Delivery Network)
About Our Client
Our client, an international company in Mauritius, is currently looking for a Delivery Content Engineer for their team.
The role of the Content Delivery Engineer will be:
- Working with the software developers on new product design, deployment, testing and optimization on a multi-CDN enabled architecture
- Optimising CDN operation for performance, selection, mapping, resilience and cost management, from delivery at the edge to content origins
- Implementing CDN's data collection, analytics, monitoring, storage and reporting systems
- Working with the relevant IT teams to ensure effective monitoring at an infrastructure and application levels
- Investigating issues where root cause is unknow and working with the relevant teams for resolution
The Successful Applicant
The Content Delivery Engineer will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- In-depth experience with a number of the following areas: design, development, scaling and technical management of a Content Delivery Network delivering video and/or web applications
- In-depth experience with designing, installing, configuring and supporting load balancers specifically F5
- A flair for scripting/coding to troubleshoot or design automated deployment, configuration and testing of distributed, containerised or discrete systems, collecting data for performance analysis and visualisation across linux-based environments
- Comprehensive, practical understanding of deploying/operating/troubleshooting web technology stacks, methods and protocols such as IPv4/6, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/1.1/2 HTTP protocol, TLS, caching web servers, block/object storage systems, web-scale delivery of audio/video over RTMP, HLS and HDS protocols. Knowledge of newer delivery methods such as WebRTC & QUIC
- Enjoy presenting your ideas, challenges and solutions to engineers, developers, managers and users of the Content Delivery Platform across the organisation for a wide spectrum of applications.
- Experience working with, or good understanding of the internet-facing Data Centre
- Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management.
- Experience working with colleagues across different time zones
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready to gain significant experience within an outstanding company.
Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure plus several benefits.