Sign up to receive job alerts
COO (M/F) - Nigeria - Retail
Experience at Senior Operating levels in FMCG/Retail industries in Nigeria
Deep knowledge of customer/vendor experience best practices
About Our Client
Our client is an international key player of the retail industry. As part of its West African growth strategy, we are looking for a Chief Operating Officer (M/F) in Nigeria.
Based in Lagos and as part of the Executive Committee, you report to the Country CEO and act as the key driver for operations success of the Group in Nigeria by shaping its customer & vendor strategic plan for development.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Owning the topline of the country's P&L and being responsible for creating and executing Group business plan while managing day to day performance execution,
- Delivering overall business objectives in line or ahead of targets,
- Developing strategic and tactical direction for all commercial functions including Key Account Management, Commercial, Planning and Vendor Success,
- Providing leadership when it comes to interacting with other central & local teams such as logistics & warehousing in the scope of highly transversal projects and implementing, necessary improvements at a local level with a focus on customer & vendor experiences,
- Being responsible for the structure, competence and efficiency of the Commercial organization,
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations and Logistics to ensure outstanding customer and seller experience,
- Delivering successful roll-out of commercial events and developing strategic partnerships,
- Owning the partner relationship end to end from initial scoping to negotiation and execution,
- Ensuring day to day team management, development and training with a high emphasis on customer experience, vendor experience, customer Service and IT infrastructure.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated together with a minimum of ten years' experience in senior operating roles in Nigeria with multinational companies of the FMCG or Retail industries. Deep knowledge of customer/vendor experience best practices is a must have for this role. Besides, you already have implemented and deployed a business from scratch thanks to strong entrepreneurial skills and outstanding communication skills.
What's on Offer
Attractive local package