- Position located on remote/isolated site far from Lagos
- Required agro-industrial experience in Africa
About Our Client
Our client is an international key player of the agro-industry. As part of its development in West Africa, we are looking to recruit a for a Chief Operating Officer for one of its sites in Nigeria.
Based on remote site in Nigeria, you report to the Country Managing Director and oversee managerial and operational activities of the site that falls under your responsibility.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments:
- Supervising site management and P&L, agriculture and production operations for the site you manage in Nigeria,
- Developing, proposing and implementing annual budget plans and look after site managerial, operational and technical aspects of the company in the country,
- Developing strategic operation plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board,
- Providing monthly reports with the operational and financial results,
- Co-coordinating operations between the different sites across the country and following up the plantation's industrial and commercial activities,
- Representing the best interests of the company in line with budget, legal requirements, strategy and objectives set by the Group with unions and third parties,
- Leading the physical development of the existing plantations and upcoming agriculture projects,
- Managing, growing and developing a large workforce with the support of all the departments you manage,
- Ensuring continuity of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs and Communication with employees and auditors as per the Group policy.
The Successful Applicant
You have a Master's degree in agronomy with a minimum of 10 years' experience in technical/agronomy site and/or General Management positions in the agro-industry with international companies in Africa. Technical and Agronomy experience in the agro-industry in Nigeria and/or Africa is mandatory for this role. Entrepreneur, proactive, go-getter and flexible, you are a passionate individual with strong communication skills that will help you grow the Group's activities on site in the country.
What's on Offer