Sign up to receive job alerts
Country Manager (M/F) - Tanzania - FMCG
Professional experience at Executive Sales roles in Tanzania
Kownledge of FMCG industry
About Our Client
Our client is a global key player of the FMCG industry. As part of its East Africa growth strategy, they are looking to recruit a Country Manager in Tanzania.
Based in Dar Es Salaam, you report to the General Manager for Africa and act as the country representative for the Group when it comes to operations and strategy.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Driving and developing the annual strategic business plan for the country,
- Supervising the distribution and sales achievements by working closely with the distribution partner management and its sales force,
- Monitoring thoroughly the monthly financials and achieving the targets set by the group,
- Developing, motivating and training the marketing and sales teams to ensure a high quality of deliverable,
- Working closely with the regional team and international HQ for best practice learnings,
- Tracking competition and market developments to proactively adapt plans and strategic direction quickly & effectively,
- Ensuring that the POS items are very well stored, maintained and handled by reviewing the local operational processes,
- Recommending and implementing innovative solutions and breakthrough marketing & sales activities which will further grow the per capita consumption and improve organization structure,
- Visiting the market regularly to check the brands's distribution, visibility and activities and running the Performance Management System,
- Establishing brand image to prescribe standards through effective management of all strategic partners while maintaining good business relations.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a minimum of five years' experience in a Head of Sales position in Tanzania having worked with international and/or reputed national companies of the FMCG industry. Passionate and hands-on individual, you have a great understanding of distribution landscape as well as route-to-market in the FMCG industry in Tanzania. Besides, you have undisputed renown for your entrepreneurship, your strong commercial and communication skills. Finally, you are fluent in English.
What's on Offer
Attractive local package