Country Manager / Plant Director
Regional Industry Leader
Premier FMCG Company
About Our Client
Our Client is an International FMCG Supplier operating across the African continent. They have an established history of excellence, growing steadily over the past 7 years to a staff count of over 500 in Africa.
The business is looking at growing to new heights and have set their sights on Southern Africa. The new facility in South Africa will employ roughly 170 specialised & high trained staff benefiting from industry leading training, development & quality.
The business is driven by its high performing, international leadership which brings added industry experience & knowledge to the business. The stringent focus to quality, innovation, integrity & leadership means our Client is looking to invest in South Africa for the long-term & has ambitious targets for the coming months.
This entrepreneurial Group has built an international reputation of quality product delivery within challenging regions & is looking to transfer their experience & knowledge to the South African market. They invest in growing the talent within South Africa, through training at their flagship plant as well as investing in local training. Our Client aims to be fully operational by the start of 2019.
The Country Manager/Plant Director will responsible for:
- Leading the design and delivery of the overall SA strategy
- The daily management of the SA business - Full P&L management & responsibility
- Building and leading a winning management team
- The organisation of the internal resources of the business to deliver the strategy
- The driving of the transformation strategy of the SA business with the objective of exceeding the BEE targets
- Capacity building in terms of both team capability and process excellence
- Optimizing the company's resources to maximize long-term shareholder value whilst satisfying all key stakeholder needs
- Champion the business values
- Ensuring compliance with all Country, Company and Customer standards (e.g. Governance, Legal, HSE and Quality)
- Oversee the supply chain function (inbound and outbound) & full end-to-end S&OP process management
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a South African citizen with strong academic qualifications and come from an FMCG environment. He/She will have a strong track record of senior leadership as well as departmental leadership with budgeting and optimization.
The successful Country Manager/Plant Director will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
- Ability to communicate in a multinational business with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Strong, proven track record of end-to-end operations management within a manufacturing environment - Full end-to-end S&OP process planning/management
- At least 12 - 15 years working experience with 3 years in a similar position
- Ideally looking for someone who has managed the majority of the value chain of a business
- Proven management track record & value add of incumbent across the S&OP process
- Ability to extract value from a senior management team
- Knowledge of the SA macroeconomic and microeconomic fundamentals.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications.
What's on Offer
Competitive market related package on offer plus benefits - depending on work experience as well as offering the opportunity to join a market renowned leader.
The EXCO level salary & associated benefits can be expected.