Sign up to receive job alerts
Cyber Security Engineer
My client is one of the largest financial services companies in South Africa.
Cyber security engineer with exposure to cloud security and PaaS.
About Our Client
My client is one of the most innovative banks on the Continent providing retail banking and lending services to businessess and consumers.
Based in Sandton Johannesburg and reporting into the Head of Technology Innovation & Infrastructure, the Cyber Security Engineer will form part of the Technology Operations Team sitting in the Cyber Security Operation Centre and will primarily be responsible for maintaining the cyber security road map while managing the operational day to day activities. The Cyber Security Engineer will also have the following responsibilities:
- Determine who requires access to which information
- Plan, coordinate and implement information security program
- Help protect against Web threats that facilitate cyber-crime like malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, and hacking
- Perform Problem management analyses and duties, during the week and on weekends
- Perform built as designed reviews
- Prepare project documentation (guides, configuration documents, etc.)
- CMDB management
- Understanding of AWS security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- Building machine learning models for various use cases across the organization to predict and automate human behaviour.
- Pull your data, structure and cleanse it, understanding the human and financial behaviours it represents.
- Use research and insight to drive cultural change within the organisation and ensure stakeholders put consumers at the heart of their planning and strategic thinking.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of automation solutions that meet business objectives
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive continuous improvement in processes and services
- Interpret and analyse data from multiple sources, providing key analytics.
The Successful Applicant
- Cyber security qualification
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- Professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Strong understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and
- Data Loss Prevention
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
What's on Offer
R850,000 CTC to R900,000 CTC per annum