Sign up to receive job alerts
Data Governance Lead
Experienced Data Governance Lead with 5 years' experience Data Governance
Preferably Financial Services industry experience
About Our Client
Our client, based in Johannesburg, operates as an insurance company and offers commercial, corporate, retail, auto, funeral, pet, travel, and household insurance solutions to clients within South Africa.
The primary objective of the Data Governance Lead position is to roll out an enterprise wide Data Governance Operating Framework, with a focus on improvement of data governance and data quality through modifications of organization behaviour, policies, standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
In addition, the Data Governance Lead position will be responsible for the following:
- Create and implement an enterprise wide Data Governance Framework.
- Create data governance processes and controls.
- Create data governance policies and standards.
- Ensure that new systems and/or applications adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and build relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison between business and functional areas and technology to ensure that data related compliance and business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Actively manage data owners, data stewards and data custodian forums and content.
- Develop training plans for data owners and data stewards.
- Continuously evaluate data governance tools for suitability for the organisation's use.
- Produce data governance reports and dashboards on a recurring basis.
- Enrol data owners, data stewards and data custodians around active management of key data issues.
- Manage documentation as well as remediation of key data issues.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or Information Technology
- An equivalent combination of direct related education and experience may be substituted
- Minimum 5 years of Data Governance operations, oversight function, risk measurement, or managed data governance.
- Minimum 3 years of Data Quality operations.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility.
- Take personal ownership of deliverables; can independently drive deliverables to completion.
- Takes initiative on work-related matters; proactively remove blockers to ensure tasks competition; proactively engages and follows up with stakeholders they are dependent on.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge and operational skills in Data Governance and Data Quality.
- Ability to coach and mentor juniors.
What's on Offer
R1,100,000 CTC per annum - R1,300,000 CTC oer annum