Executive: Internal Audit, Risk & Sustainability
One of the biggest South African companies
Very attractive sector and exposure to strategic projects
About Our Client
Our Client is one of South Africa's biggest and most reputable organisations.
Together we are currently looking for their Executive: Internal Audit, Risk & Sustainability. The successful candidate will be 1 of 4 direct reports to the CFO, and will be responsible to manage the support functions Internal Audit (50-60%), Risk (30%) and Sustainability (10%). Unlike the other 3 direct reports, the successful candidate will have a dotted line into the Group CEO as well as the board.
- Align to, and implement corporate governance frameworks and business models
- Collect and prepare financial information and related data in line with the audit file and approved accounting framework.
- Construct a concise, accurate and consistent audit report and present findings to business and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure business processes, policies, procedures are amended according to legislative requirements (existing & emerging).
- Ensure satisfactory audit results are achieved by business.
- Facilitating the identification and assessment of risks.
- Formulate a plan which includes long term initiatives and milestones and set priorities that shape and structure the organisation.
- Guide and support the implementation of reporting tools that enable a higher quality of management decision making.
- Guide development of solutions to overcome complex or problematic business and legislative issues
- Monitor and report on the status and progress of risk management and mitigation processes.
- Provide expert advice and support in terms of operating model, strategy and value chain formulation and alignment.
- Provide expert advice in the identification of practises/technologies which could provide a competitive advantage to the organisation.
- Provide insights from knowledge gained to measure organisational success and realign strategies and objectives appropriately.
- Review and compare, on a monthly basis, internal tax accounting with SARS statements of accounts to ensure they are reconciled.
- Review and ensure policies, procedures and practices are in line with legislative requirements.
- Review the risk register and communicate findings to relevant governance bodies.
- Strategically drive organisational wide development, implementation and adherence to triple bottom line corporate governance and King principles.
- Develop and/or provide input to the multi-functional budget to ensure that the strategic deliverables are adequately budgeted for.
- Strategically influence the implementation of effective costing, pricing, profitability and stakeholder management across the organisation.
- Formulate integrated service delivery frameworks to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Oversee and co-ordinate a network of sustainable stakeholder relationships
- Plan and deliver services and/or products that create a culture which aims to exceed customer expectations in the business.
The Successful Applicant
- At least 3-6 years experience as an Internal Audit Partner in a (ideally) big-4 audit firm (with JSE-listed company exposure) or alternatively
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as the Head of Internal Audit in a JSE-listed company
- Sector background: Any sector apart from Financial Services and Mining
- Ideally Equity female, but otherwise open regarding BB-BEE
- Modern and forward thinking internal audit approach (less internal police than process orientated in-house consulting)
- Open minded, solution orientated and strong interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to build and enhance an Internal Audit, Risk and Sustainability organisation in a major South African organisation with the the chance to contribute to significant strategic projects.
The Salary package consists of a a) TCTC, b) bonus (up to 60-65% of TCTC) as well as c) shares.