Sign up to receive job alerts
Factory General Manager (M/F) - Angola - FMCG
Experience required in portuguese speaking Africa
Management experience of multiple manufacturing sites
About Our Client
Our client is a family conglomerate specialised in the import, distribution and manufacture of fast moving consumer goods in Africa. As part of its Sub-Saharan growth strategy, we are recruiting a Factory General Manager in Angola.
Based in Luanda, you report to the Group General Manager and are responsible for managing all the departments of the manufacturing units of the Group in Angola.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Acting as the technical right arm of the CEO, you lead the manufacturing operations of the group factories and support him in leading the organisation with day to day leadership,
- Participating in the strategic objectives, vision, mission and planning of the manufacturing business divisions,
- Proving day-to-day leadership and management that mirrors Group mission and core values,
- Building, motivating, training and leading a high performance team,
- Constantly monitoring and supporting deliverable, capabilities and needs of each department,
- Evaluating and driving performance of each factories departments and ensuring production targets are met with in the allocated resources,
- Leading all the departments with regular meetings and guiding the entire team towards achieving the vision and production milestones of the factory.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree education with a specialisation in engineering and a minimum of ten years' senior level experience at a similar position in the FMCG industry in Portuguese speaking Africa. A proven record of success of factory management in Angola will be a distinctive advantage for the role. Besides, you have a high level of decision-making and problem solving skills. Finally, you are fluent in English and Portuguese.
What's on Offer