Sign up to receive job alerts
Field Application Scientist/Field Service Engineer
Our client is a leader in the life sciences industry
Experience with Real-time/Digital PCR and Capillary Electrophoreses is a must
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the life sciences industry.
The role of Hybrid FAS/FSE involves providing scientific expertise, Installation, service, applications support and training to customers with a focus on our Real-time PCR and Capillary Electrophoreses instruments with newer instruments and technology to be added over time through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Combining customer relation, training and support, this function is well suited for those who enjoy working with customers of diverse scientific backgrounds. The Hybrid FAS/FSE will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty resulting in a contribution to the overall success of the business.
- Provide independently in-house and on-site scientific application support & training support on brand products, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction together with initial instrument installation and annual planned maintenance duties.
- Perform product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Solve customer escalations effectively through in depth troubleshooting
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in the field of Real-time PCR, CE (Capillary Electrophoreses) and/or Digital PCR.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a min MSc or PhD in Biology (preferable), Microbiology, Biochemistry or related scientific field.
- Fluency in speaking English essential
- Good knowledge of Genomics and Genomic applications is considered an asset.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Strong data analysis/data manipulation skills
- Customer facing experience is an asset. Good commercial insight and attitude required.
- Very strong communications skills. Capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Willingness to be based in Ethiopia and travel up to 75% of the time
- Driver's license
What's on Offer