General Manager - Locally Established Company with global affil
Locally Established Company with global affiliations
Over 500 staff in South Africa
About Our Client
Our Client is an affiliate of an internationally recognised specialist in agricultural production & transportation. Currently in South Africa they employ over 500 staff with exciting changes occurring within the business. With operations in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, our Client provides a variety of services & products across milling, baking & consumer goods.
Our Client adheres to global safety & quality standards and has, over the past 20 years, established themselves as a leading provider within the FMCG environment.
- Operational/Business/Engineering tertiary qualification
- 10+ years' experience in the manufacturing environment
- Strong change management experience
- Strong financial acumen with proven track record of business end-to-end management
As General Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- End-to-end operations management including, but not limited to, full business P&L management, CAPEX & OPEX management
- Plant staff management, including change management as/when required
- Solve operational problems, technical queries & business risk management
- Manage a large staff compliment of 250 +
- Manage the senior leadership on site including, but not limited to: Engineering Department, Quality, Health & Safety, Warehousing, Supply Chain & Production
- Engage with high level individuals within customers and/or clients
- Enforce rules and regulations within the business
- Increase output with a strong focus on driving operational efficiency improvements, productivity across the site & ultimately, profitability
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong academic qualifications and experience in managing people and overall business operational requirements. He/She must be an open and clear communicator, being able to operate at a high level in a fast paced environment. He/She must be capable of engaging with high level stakeholders and represent the company in a professional manner.
This person will be experienced in change-over situations and capable of leading people through changing times.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of at least 10 years plus within manufacturing. He/She will specifically have spent significant time in a general management function & will have previously driven profitability improvements across all value chains within a food processing and/or a manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a locally established business with global affiliations and operations. A highly competitive remuneration package with associated/industry related benefits are on offer for the right individual as well as an opportunity to make a mark within our Clients global parent.