General Manager - Medical Devices
Excellent Career Opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a global Medical Device company with exceptional growth opportunities for performance driven individuals.
The General Manager (GM) is accountable, as a representative of the company, for all commercial activities and support services.
The GM will have an understanding of the Medical industry and will adapt where necessary the overall business strategy for South Africa together with the overseas reporting line. At the same time the GM will align the different departments to make sure that the business specific objectives can be achieved in correspondence with global targets.
The GM is accountable for the overall financial performance within South Africa whereby the person must effectively manage the P&L and coach/lead the team.
The Successful Applicant
The requirements of the role are as follows:
- Entrepreneurial Sales & People manager with a minimum of 8 years of experience in managing an experienced team in a commercial setting - MUST be currently in a Pharma / Medical Devices field
- Energetic and engaged person with big sense of responsibility and ownership with a "Can-do mentality"
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record of Business development / key account management within the public and private sector (hospitals and clinics)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to stimulate and support people in a constructive way
What's on Offer
Competitive package on offer for the right candidate.