- General Manager
- Hospitality - Mauritius
About Our Client
Our client is a Mauritian Hotel group with international growth plans & properties in several countries.
* Ensure that the assets are properly maintained, utilised and that these are turned into value creation.
* Work very closely with his direct superior and his heads of department to ensure
* Ensure that the property operates at all times at the highest levels of service in order to ensure the continuity of the resort's reputation for World Class signature service.
* Ensure that Guest experience is always kept as the utmost priority of all Team Members.
* Take personal responsibility in solving any potential Guest issues reported during or after the Guest stay.
* Ensure that all promotional material, signage etc used on property is in accordance to the branding standards.
* Be extensively involved in the selection and recruitment process for ALL Team Members at all levels and always perform the final interview.
* Monitor and develop Team Member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, by providing coaching, counselling, professional development, conducting evaluations and delivering recognition and reward.
* Work in very close collaboration with the company's central revenue department to identify and enhance all revenue opportunities.
* Ensure the optimization of revenue based on demand and market conditions.
* Be actively involved in driving and overseeing all sales and marketing initiatives.
* Constantly evaluate the different market conditions, assess the feasibility and success of Sales & Marketing plans and recommend alternatives where and when applicable.
* Observe and analyse the competition to remain ahead of competing properties in sales activities and attractiveness.
* Always maintain a close and harmonious relationship with the property owners and their representatives and act as primary liaison officer.
* Develop and recommend for approval yearly budgets for the property that support the long-term strategy of the company, by ensuring that a proper assessment of the risks under a variety of possible and likely scenarios is undertaken.
* Ensure that the expenses and revenues are optimally managed and provide explanations when and where applicable.
The Successful Applicant
- University Degree holder in Hotel Management or Business Administration or equivalent qualifications.
- Postgraduate qualifications such as a master's degree or Executive MBA would constitute a definite advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years' working experience in senior hotel management including 5 years of hotel General Manager experience with Global Luxury Hotel Brands.
- Have the highest levels of integrity.
- Be young in mind heart and spirit.
- Be well groomed and presents well.
Other Specific Requirements:
- Proven success in driving commercial strategy to exceed business goals.
- Thoughtful leadership with the ability to build a strong service culture and positive work environment for Team Members to thrive. Local market expertise
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in growing revenue, increasing market share and profitability.
What's on Offer
Our client offers an amazing challenge with interesting remuneration & benefits.